Who hates scrolling forever on a blog webpage when you just wanted the darn recipe! (I’m raising my gosh darn hand while writing this (I’m very talented at one-handed typing)). Well there’s a story that goes with this recipe, and you can read about it in my next blog post! For now, just know that this is a fantastic recipe you need to try!
Here are a few related details about this s’mores bread pudding: I used this recipe/tutorial for the marshmallows. I mixed it for about 8-10 minutes then mixed in the vanilla extract for a minute to make “soft marshmallow” like a marshmallow fluff to mix into the custard. Then I mixed the rest of the marshmallow for an extra 4-6 minutes and finished the recipe as usual. Then I used this recipe for graham bread, but left out the raisins and added 1 tsp of cinnamon.
Without further adieu, here’s the recipe:
S’mores Bread Pudding
2/3 loaf graham bread (this recipe: see above for recipe edits)
1 recipe marshmallow (save 1 cup soft marshmallow: see above for details) [you can substitute 1 cup marshmallow fluff and one bag marshmallows]
2 large eggs
2 cups half and half
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chocolate chips
- After baking the graham bread, allow it to cool.
- Cut 2/3 of the loaf into 6 one-inch pieces. Broil on low (about 250 degrees Fahrenheit), far from the heat for 3 minutes per side.
- Mix together eggs, half-and-half, butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla together in large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup “soft marshmallow” or marshmallow fluff, and mix well.
- Add graham bread pieces, chocolate chips, and other 1/2 cup soft marshmallow and fold to stir.
- Let bread pudding mixture soak for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) .
- Fill 4-5 ramekins (or mugs), evenly, with the bread pudding mixture. Add in a few fully set marshmallows to each ramekin.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until custard is set (the bread pudding will have puffed up and not look too jiggly or moist in the center).
- Once cooked, place on cooling rack for at least ten minutes, garnish with toasted marshmallows.
- Serve warm or cold.