Hey, y’all. This summer got crazy pretty fast, amiright?! Well it’s now pumpkin season, so prepare yourself for many pumpkin bread puddings (hopefully)! However, first we shall make our way through my topical summer flavors, which I developed but never wrote up—please does anyone out there like typing?? So today we will start with Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread Pudding.
So, I guess it’s still around back-to-school time, and who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies after a long day at school! Personally, I’ve been baking chocolate chip cookies after my classes to try and perfect a cookie recipe I’ve been working on. Would anyone be opposed to me breaking away from bread pudding if I stumble upon a to-die-for cookie recipe?
Until my cookie recipe is finished and posted, I used this chocolate chip cookie recipe. But honestly, use your favorite. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread Pudding recipe ends up tasting like the richest, moistest chocolate chip muffin you’ve ever had, and I am very okay with that.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread Pudding
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c whole milk
1 Tbsp molasses
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 loaf Brioche bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
8 chocolate chip cookies without nuts (I used this recipe)
1/3 c chocolate chips
chocolate shavings (garnish, optional)
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, molasses, eggs, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Break chocolate chip cookies into pieces (both large and small) and mix into the milk and egg mixture.
- Add brioche bread pieces and chocolate chips.
- Let bread pudding mixture soak for one to two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) .
- Fill 4 ramekins (or mugs), evenly, with the bread pudding mixture. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until custard is set (the bread pudding will have puffed up and not look too jiggly or moist in the center).
- Once done, place on cooling rack for at least ten minutes, garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.
- serve warm with a glass of milk!